Ys624mikuni carb

Minnesota Nice
Ok took my carb apart cleaned sprayed out all the holes took float and needle out cleaned that did not mess with any other move if parts accept the screw on the bottom of the bowl I cleaned it well but reinstalled and now it will not draw gas I’ll attach a pic make sure I did not lose anything when cleaning not sure of model it’s a ys624 metal tank any help or advice would be appreaciated and what do I set the screw at on the side of the bowl ty

Re: Ys624mikuni carb

Minnesota Nice

Re: Ys624mikuni carb

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Check the float height...to low = no fuel

Speedy
www.YamahaGenuineParts.com

Re: Ys624mikuni carb

giro
The screw at the bottom side of the bowl is just a drain screw, so it should be snug, and wouldn't affect the bowl filling.

If the bowl doesn't fill, either fuel isn't getting there, or the needle is shut and not letting fuel in.  Sometimes that could happen when putting it back together, the float being held up or the needle sticking.  You can take it apart to check.

It seems more likely that fuel isn't getting to the carb.  The fuel shutoff might not be open, the pump might not be working or primed, or something else like something stuck in the fuel line.  You could check for fuel just past the fuel shutoff by pulling the fuel line.  If there's fuel there, then try pulling the fuel line going to the carb.  One video of a different engine that used a fuel pump showed him pulling the starter or running the electric starter while this was off, to make sure fuel was being pumped.