YT624EDJ

let it snow
hello.i have a YT624EDJ  it never starts on first try. most of my small engines start first pull. no matter what i do this yamaha will not start fist try when cold. once it reaches operating  temp it will start first crank   does anyone on this forum have any idea why it does this.

Re: YT624EDJ

cpchristee
I'm not familiar with that specific model but if it has a vacuum operated fuel pump then that would be the reason why.  (intake pulsations needed to start fuel flowing to the partially depleted carb bowl)

Re: YT624EDJ

let it snow
This is it.i purchased it new 6 years ago  it's been pretty much doing this since new  it has electric start  but even when I pull it   won't start first pull and it's very easy to pull . I spoke to the people where I bought it from he says thats typical with Yamaha engines they like to start 2nd or 3rd pull     I'm not sure if this is true .or is there a adjustment I can do that would help  once she fires up she runs flawless

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020, 5:13 PM cpchristee [via Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club], <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not familiar with that specific model but if it has a vacuum operated fuel pump then that would be the reason why.  (intake pulsations needed to start fuel flowing to the partially depleted carb bowl)

http://yamaha-snowblower-fan-club.10963.n7.nabble.com/YT624EDJ-tp5252p5253.html
To unsubscribe from YT624EDJ, click here.
NAML

20201228_174626.jpg (3M) Download Attachment
20201228_174617.jpg (3M) Download Attachment
20201228_133630.jpg (3M) Download Attachment
20201228_174650.jpg (3M) Download Attachment
20201228_174638.jpg (3M) Download Attachment