YS624W leaky carburator

GerraldD
Hi,

I have a YS624 which leaks fuel like mad when the tap is on, and won't stark. When i check the spark plug, it's always dry. I took out the carburator, cleaned it and put it back together, but the problem remains...

My question is, i have seen these carburator repair kits in Ebay, do you think getting one of those would fix my issue? Or would you recommend a new carburator?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: YS624W leaky carburator

genoj00
I don't believe there are rebuild kits available.  You can find new carbs out there.  If it's leaking, you probably have a problem with your float or needle valve.  Are you sure the needle valve is it still there?  They are easy to lose when cleaning if you aren't careful

Re: YS624W leaky carburator

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Unfortunately no carb kits from Yamaha, these parts are sold individually...needle is in stock # 16 in the parts picture.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/yamahagenuineparts/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=yamahaope&a=177&b=5&c=0&d=1900%20YS624T%20CARBURETOR%20-%20AIR%20FILTER

Speedy
YamahaGenuineParts.com