Question on RPM

Blue4life
Guys, Just set up governor and low idle rpm. Manual suggest 4000 for max RPM +/-50.

With the engine approaching 30 yrs old I want to check with guru's to see if I should keep it at peaking 4K or bring it down some to save the motor.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Question on RPM

Blue4life
This post was updated on .
Finished restoring my machine this week.

1- Updated tank to metal(Princes Auto $19 plus tax

2- reinforced bottom of each side of bucket with steel plates as sides were chewed up by previous owners and poor skid adjustment

3- Went through every nut and bolt on machine replacing with cadmium coated bolts that wont rust. Same bolts off steel Honda crates bikes come in from factory.. Work great and have washers attached from factory..

4- Painted with Krylon Color Master True Blue  Paint

Re: Question on RPM

sampratt2
Nice work!  What kind of tank?  Where did you purchase?

On Apr 6, 2017 3:59 PM, "Blue4life [via Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Finished restoring machine this week. Updated tank to metal and went through every nut and bolt on machine.. Amazing how well these blowers last... :)

http://yamaha-snowblower-fan-club.10963.n7.nabble.com/Question-on-RPM-tp4228p4233.html
To start a new topic under Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club, click here.
NAML
Southern New Hampshire
YS624W
Looking for Used Parts

Re: Question on RPM

Blue4life
Princess Auto sells the tank for 19 plus tax

Easy to convert from plastic tank and just took stock metal plate and replicated with thicker metal and tabs for tank to attach to. Couple hours work in total.

Paul

Re: Question on RPM

sampratt2
Thanks!

On Apr 6, 2017 4:18 PM, "Blue4life [via Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Princess Auto sells the tank for 19 plus tax

Easy to convert from plastic tank and just took stock metal plate and replicated with thinker metal and tabs for tank to attach to. Couple hours work in total.

Paul

http://yamaha-snowblower-fan-club.10963.n7.nabble.com/Question-on-RPM-tp4228p4235.html
To start a new topic under Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club, click here.
NAML
Southern New Hampshire
YS624W
Looking for Used Parts

Re: Question on RPM

Simers
How do you adjust the govenor...

Re: Question on RPM

Blue4life
procedure with blower shut off:
1- Loosen Govern Arm nut
2- Push governor arm fully to left such that it opens throttle to wide open position(Hold in that position)
3- Take flat screwdriver and turn governor shaft counterclockwise and while holding the arm and screwdriver in these positions above tighten the nut to secure the arm to the governor shaft in their new positions.
4- Task Completed!

Re: Question on RPM

Gazaflash
Nice job on the mods.

Thanks for mentioning the type paint.  I am trying to find a paint that matches the original.