Plastic replacement shoes for ys828

kevin shaw
hey folks, I've been realigning the skid shoes on my ys828 and see that new machines from most vendors  use plastic or nylon skids that slide more easily  across the pavement.  Has anyone found a good substitute  for our machines?

Re: Plastic replacement shoes for ys828

stealthninja
I saw on another snowblower site that some are putting Arnold Poly Roller Skids from Home Depot on their machines. I think they are newer so not sure about longevity. For my YS828W, I will probably go the heavy duty Honda skid retrofit that I saw another member install on his Yami. Search for it. He provided some nice pics as well as installation instructions.
Oh man.....my wife is gonna kill me.....I'll take it!

Also Blue4life posted a great post on how he added some $18.00 wheels in place of the skids on his YS624. Great post. You might message him and see how they worked out as I believe that he installed them two years ago. I may head to Harbor Freight today and pick up some cheap wheels and give it a try. I also found some replacement neoprene wheels in my garage that belonged to my now grown kid's Razor scooters. I might try those as well.
Oh man.....my wife is gonna kill me.....I'll take it!

Re: Plastic replacement shoes for ys828

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Skid set direct from Yamaha-Motor Canada
Great for use on patterned concrete driveways,etc
Comes with easily replaceable plastic shoes  $84.95 in stock
Fits
YT624EJA
YS1028J
YS1028JA