Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

Old_fart
Since I can't believe my new carb with only 3 seasons of use is now bad or so out-of-spec that my machine won't run, I would like to appeal to someone with a running YS828, OR a person/dealer who services these things to swap on my carb and see if it runs on THEIR machine. I guess my biggest risk is I don't get my carb back, but the thing doesn't run worth crap now anyway, so a new carb wouldn't be a BAD thing.

I just don't want to buy another unless I HAVE to. If you look at my recent posts, my problem doesn't appear to be ignition OR fuel-related.

Ted

tfbfj55@yahoo.com

Re: Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

leonz
I would suggest that you remove your carburator and soak it in Sea Foam for a few days
to clena it as it sounds as if the jets have dirt in them.

Re: Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

Old_fart
Thanks, but I all ready took it apart and cleaned it, that's what I can't understand. It was as clean as a whistle when I took it apart.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2016, at 10:06 AM, "leonz [via Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would suggest that you remove your carburator and soak it in Sea Foam for a few days
to clena it as it sounds as if the jets have dirt in them.

http://yamaha-snowblower-fan-club.10963.n7.nabble.com/Looking-for-an-honest-person-to-test-my-YS828-carb-tp3879p3881.html
To unsubscribe from Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb..., click here.
NAML

Re: Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

Kevin
I had a similar problem a couple years back. It was due to a small piece of rust that got stuck in flow. Soaking and compressed air finally cleared the blockage.

Re: Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

Robert Piazza
I see it has been a while and I hope you got it going But I suggest you get Torch tip cleaner and shove it through every tiny hole on the carb. especially where the jets go through I hope this helps.

Re: Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

Old_fart
Update:

I re-re-cleaned it after it sat again for a long time, and found a stuck needle and clogged jets. Runs great now, except I hooked up the governor linkage wrong.....loses power under load. I'll post a new thread.

Re: Looking for an honest person to test my YS828 carb...

YammyScoot
IF it helps, I would be glad to go through your carb and test it.  I am pretty good at these as I just meticulously went through mine and "thought" it was clean but still found dirt and debris...runs like a champ now.  Afterwards, I could check it on my 828 for function.  I am in the Seattle area.