For people looking to replace YS-624 and YS-828 tracks.

For people looking to replace YS-624 and YS-828 tracks.

-JnC-
This post was updated on .
**DISCLAIMER** I will not be personally held for any damage and/or injury caused while attempting to do this upgrade/modification/replacement. This is just me sharing my research with the forum.

The tracks on my Yamahas are in decent shape and do not need to be replaced for the time being but I have noticed how a lot of folks are looking for replacement tracks for their Yamahas and I knew eventually I'll need them myself. Currently the options are to either find used ones here in the US/Canada and or convert the machines to wheeled versions.

To folks that want to retain the tracks and would love to have new tracks here is a solution, it wont be cheap as new tracks through Yamaha are not cheap. After first looking at the design of the old Yamaha track snowblowers and the new ones I knew that the new ones could be retrofitted onto the old machines. My theory was proven right while searching for parts on Yahoo auctions (Japan).

Basically you'll need tracks from the newer model Yamaha YT-624, they can be either acquired through Yamaha dealers in Canada or directly through yahoo auctions in japan. The linked auction is for one side and both sides with the exchange rate are for about $275 before shipping and Buyee fees.

You can use Buyee to purchase items on Yahoo auctions Japan and have them shipped to you, I am not sure what kind of fees they charge but it’s worth it in my opinion as end cost would still be cheaper than buying them from Canada.
A bit of cutting is required to make sure the hind track guide wheels can put tension on the new tracks, the new tracks are a bit longer.
One of the bolt on the adjustment bar would need to be replaced with a low profile bolt as shown in the picture.

Here is the original auction

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k180532210

translated page

I cant link from bing translator for some reason, but use bing to translate the page. Bing translator seem to have a better translation of the description compared to google translate.
Translation of the description, elaborating the process.
YAMAHA snow plow machines caterpillar tracks waste-product mounting method is. Photos UP.
Common mounting YSM870/YT970 YSM560/YSM555 system

Falken /DUNLOP製
Manufacturers inventory situation 2014-December current 1400 inventory and

★ all cut red marker of the required YSM560-YT970, photo processing and pulling white to increase the current track will
Catch bolt head when moving the truck, so head pin type replacing 10 mm x 1.25 mm length 20 mm (only bolt required) replacement hard sell not
★ is the price of one side. Is a one-minute ¥ 32000
★ track (CATA Department) uses up to date. You can use without problems. Mounting is firm please.
★ Note ★
Used replacement bolts more than 20 mm length and interfere with the shifter and transmission disabled Please note. (Only bolt required)

Here is a screenshot of the shown images in the listing, indicating where to cut on the tension plate.

Good luck.
Dan

Re: For people looking to replace YS-624 and YS-828 tracks.

Dan
JnC, I tried your link, but am having difficulty translating the info. My Browsers are Firefox & Safari with Safari having Bing as one of the Search engines. Can you give me any more info on this translating? Looking for 828 augers.

dan
Dan

Re: For people looking to replace YS-624 and YS-828 tracks.

Dan
Jnc   What is the Japan equivalent of a YS828 I found a way to translate, but not sure what I'm looking at.

Dan
Dan

Re: For people looking to replace YS-624 and YS-828 tracks.

Dan
Looks like the Japan Model is YSM870 for the YS828, looking for some augers. If you know of any please let me know.

Dan

Re: For people looking to replace YS-624 and YS-828 tracks.

-JnC-
Yes, the Japanese equivalent of YS828 is the 870 model, as you know the 8 suggested the engine HP and 28 is the bucket width in inches. The Japanese model number is similar, the only difference is that the bucket width is in MM rather than inches. I did see some augers in one of the auctions, I saved it on my work computer, will post the link tomorrow.

As far as translation is considered, bing usually does a better job of translating. You'd have to cut and paste the description in bing translator to get the translation.