Quantcast

Does anyone know what model TeiKei (TK) carburetor is on the YS828?

Does anyone know what model TeiKei (TK) carburetor is on the YS828?

Underdog
This post was updated on .
I noticed that someone posted here that the YS624 has a Mikuni BV-18 (its printed in the manual) and there a rebuild kit for it (18136g1).  But my YS-828 blower seems to have a TK carburetor (see photo).  Does anyone know what model it is?

Re: Does anyone know what model TK carburetor is on the YS828?

Underdog
This post was updated on .
The Teikei (TK) carb is model FA-17Y (number  7kF00 8G28)  (or at least that's what is printed on the side). The main jet is a #90 and the pilot jet is #42.

Here is a blow up view of the YS-828 Carb

Underdog

The screw on the jet is impossible. It does not want to turn.

Underdog

Siezed carb jet.

YamahaGenuineParts.com
I have seen this problem before. My suggestion is to put the carb upright and spray it liberally with Rust Penetrating oil and leave over night. When you go to loosen it put a good screwdriver into the slot and tap it several times with the hammer to help break it loose prior to trying to turn it and let me know if you can get it out. If by chance it still will not come out or even worse you break it a brand new carb is $127.00 and is available ,sometimes this is your only option.
Good Luck...and keep us posted.

Re: Siezed carb jet.

Underdog
YamahaGenuineParts.com wrote
My suggestion is to put the carb upright and spray it liberally with Rust Penetrating oil and leave over night. When you go to loosen it put a good screwdriver into the slot and tap it several times with the hammer to help break it loose prior to trying to turn it .
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have it soaking in BP blaster.  While I'm waiting for this to work I have a question about part #9 (jet pilot) in the exploded diagram above.  This jet pilot (7KF1434221) unscrews from a tower in the carb.  The jet pilot is comprised of a thin tube with threads and a hex head on one end and a tiny hole drilled a small distance up the shaft.  What does this jet pilot do?  It appears to be sealed at the other end.  I don't understand how this jet could possibly serve a useful function.   Some carburetors have a "high" and "low" jet to allow smooth idling. But this "jet pilot" does not seem to have any way of moving fuel. Am I missing something here?

1 7KF1450100 (7KF1450101) CARBURETOR ASSY superseded by 7KF1450101.
2 7KF1422700 WASHER
3 7KF1416200 BOLT. HOLDING
4 7KF1419100 PLUG. DRAIN
5 6461421201 SPRING. PILOT ADJUSTI
6 7KF1421100 SCREW. PILOT ADJUSTIN
7 7KF1421600 SCREW
8 7KF1438400 GASKET. FLOAT CHAMBER
9 7KF1434221 JET. PILOT (#42)
10 7KF1434345 JET. MAIN (#90)
11 7KF1434100 NOZZLE. MAIN
12 3671438600 PIN. FLOAT
13 14T1439202 VALVE. NEEDLE
14 7KF1438500 FLOAT
15 7KF135550000 MANIFOLD,INTAKE

Pilot jet Question

YamahaGenuineParts.com
The Pilot jet #9 you mentioned is to the best of my knowledge a lowspeed pilot jet (This is why only one hole in the side)  I do believe it should be open on the end though, as it probably has a hole in the carb body where the Pilot Jet #9 draws fuel directly through this hole from the the main jet ##10 right beside it. This would alow you to adjust the Air screws #6 & #7 to get a smooth idle.
This Pilot Jet #9 probably is only in use from 800RPM to 1/8 throttle opening, after which most of the fuel starts to come from the main jet #10......all that jibberish aside, trust me it belongs in there and has a fuction to do, so clean it spotless and have a Go.
Good Luck

Re: Pilot jet Question

Underdog
This post was updated on .
YamahaGenuineParts.com wrote
The ljet (#9) you mentioned is to the best of my knowledge a lowspeed pilot jet (This is why only one hole in the side)  I do believe it should be open on the end though, as it probably has a hole in the carb body where the Pilot Jet #9 draws fuel directly through this hole from the the main jet ##10 right beside it. This would alow you to adjust the Air screws #6 & #7 to get a smooth idle.
This Pilot Jet #9 probably is only in use from 800RPM to 1/8 throttle opening, after which most of the fuel starts to come from the main jet #10......all that jibberish aside, trust me it belongs in there and has a fuction to do, so clean it spotless and have a Go.
Good Luck
I cleaned the low speed pilot jet (#9) and now air will flow through it. It does have a tiny hole in the end. (Thanks). Now I just need to figure out a way to get that main jet screw (#10) loose.  I ground down a screwdriver to make a custom fit and wrapped it in electrical tape to keep from damaging the threads in tower.  I soaked the main jet overnight in penetrating oil, and purchase a pencil torch to see if I could heat it up and expand the brass jet screw enough to brake it's grip on the aluminum carb. Not sure if that is a good idea or not.  (update: don't be foolish.  In the end I decide not to use the torch and opted for a lighter to heat the screw instead)

Re: Pilot jet Question

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Hey your doing a great job, your almost there if you can just press on and get the jet cracked loose you will have it made. With that being said sometimes these things are just not going to come out, and a carb is required, but your doing all the right things. I am sure next time we talk you will have it out.
I will be away for the next 10 days (in Japan) so I am not ignoring you if you post, just temporarily unavailable.
Good Luck !

Does this needle look good enough to put back in service?

Underdog
Can I re-use this needle valve (#13 part #14T1439202)?  Or does it look like its time for a replacement?

The main jet screw is finally free

Underdog
This post was updated on .
The custom ground srewdriver was a big help. But soaking in penetrating oil, tapping slightly with a hammer and finally heating the brass screw (7KF1434345 Main Jet) with a lighter (after it was cleaned of solvent) really did the trick.

The clean main nozzle.

Underdog
Only about a third of the holes were clogged in the main nozzle (Part number 7KF1434100)

That did the trick. It started right up.

Underdog
This post was updated on .
It's running now.  Can you set a limit on the governor? The blower runs fine at low rpms, and fine at high rpms, but when it's running under load and the governor tries to rev it up, I think that it revs too high. The looks to be a screw down there between the throttle connection and the governor. Not really sure if that's what its for. You can see the screw in question in the photo below (in the yellow box with the pink check mark) It anyone has a clue let me know. The shop manual for the small YS626 (6hp) says the idle RPMs should be 2000 and the high rpm should be 4000.  Does that sound right for this YS828 (8hp)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H33VgPHA1hE