Dealers willing to ship to USA from Canada

Dealers willing to ship to USA from Canada

astro
Who has had luck with dealers shipping snowblowers to the states? Which dealer was it? Any issues with US  customs?

Re: Dealers willing to ship to USA from Canada

Doublenn
There are lots of Canadian dealers that should ship stuff no problem, is it a price thing you are trying for?

Re: Dealers willing to ship to USA from Canada

astro
I've called a few dealers. Some will only ship to the border. I had one that won't insure the shipment. That is why I am asking for someone who has done it. To many people just say it should be easy when they haven't actually gone through the process. I've seen many post say no problem getting the sales tax back but I looked at the laws and that program was discontinued years ago unless it is for commercial use or shipped directly to the USA.

What do you mean a price thing? I'm just trying to get a YT1332.

Re: Dealers willing to ship to USA from Canada

leon
What he means is, are you shopping for prices.

In any case it is how long it takes to get spares like V belts or how close you are to the border to take it in to the dealer for a warranty repair.

The sales tax refund, VAT refund policy still exists. You have to stop at the border station and show them your receipt and your identification to obtain a refund. Its easier if you use plastic money as the exchange rate and sales tax crap is taken care of in the transaction and all you have to do is pass through the border station and show them your paperwork from the dealer.

If you using it for commercial use you would be able to deduct the Canadian sales tax, VAT in the US.