2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

1028QC
I broke the thread a the base of the tilt lock assembly yesterday, i check with my local dealers and was quote 344$ for that part (i have to buy the whole parts) i the dealer refused to give me the part number i need so i can try to find it online and i cant find it online with the description alone, somebody could tell me the parts number and where i can get it online at maybe a cheaper price.

Re: 2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Hello,
Have a look at the parts picture and let me know which parts you require and I will do my best assist you.
Be sure to include your address for a complete price including shipping.

Speedy
www.YamahaGenuineParts.com

Re: 2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

1028qc
[URL=http://s110.photobucket.com/user/dcourteau/media/3384B467-C0D2-4383-ABE0-C6CF95CE7905_zpswe6jckv8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/dcourteau/3384B467-C0D2-4383-ABE0-C6CF95CE7905_zpswe6jckv8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

here what happen as you see in the photo i have part of the thread on the tip of the tilt shock and the right  and the other part in that nut on the left.
the metal rod that slide inside fell off and the tips bend so like in the photo it cant go further in cause of the bend in it.

even if i dont need the whole thing i guess i will need the whole #9

if my blower is still under warranty, will this be covered ? how does it work

Re: 2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

yshslover

By looking at the pic, I wonder if you can use a die with a smaller size and use a smaller nut. If it is an 8mm, thread it to 7mm. Maybe it'll work.
As for the bend, can you try to straighten it? I does not look too bad.

Re: 2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

backdraft
Same thing happened to my YS928 yesterday.  3 impending major snowfalls heading our way.  Never breaks down in the summer time .. lol

Ordered one through dealership. Yup $350 and taxes.  Phew... thats a mit full.

Temp fix for me is a piece of 13.5inch flat bar with two holes drilled 12 3/8 inch apart (3/8 inch hole size).

Apparently Yamaha realizes a flaw as the replacement piece is a little differnt then original .. well at least a different part number.

Rick

Re: 2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

Navada
Same thing happened to me on my ys928j yesterday as well and the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the device cylinder is the samething as the gaz lift cylinder on office or computer chair only bigger and they sell as low as 20 some dallars what a ripoff to pay 300 plus$ for one that small just because its for a snow blower im trying to find out if the computer chair manufacturer makes them also if not why .

Re: 2014 YS1028J Tilt Lock assy.

mike
hello did you ever find a new part ? Mine broke also and I need the same part. thanks