2013 Yamaha 9-28 impeller bolts

chris3677
I am having an issue with impeller bolts. My local Yamaha dealer doesn't stock the older three piece bolt which consists of a bolt, lock nut, and a collar. They now recommend the Honda impeller bolt which I now use. Haven't tried those yet but I've used the Canadien Tire Honda aftermarket bolt. It breaks off every time I use the machine. I've noticed the impeller hole where the bolt goes on the shaft has widened out a bit. Anyone else have this issue?

Re: 2013 Yamaha 9-28 impeller bolts

lucgallant
Assuming they are the same part number as the yt624ej, I've listed the part numbers for the bolt/collar/but shear bolt in shear bolt maintenance video.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWV7ltIFuqx9n0IozT_JYUyt_G12-SmSM

Re: 2013 Yamaha 9-28 impeller bolts

chris3677
I think I have found the issue. Dealers has been giving me the Honda impeller bolts because they never stock the 3 piece Yamaha bolt, collar, and lock nut. It seems the hole larger hole on the impeller on the bolt head side has worn and the hole has expanded. There is a lot of play. That may be causing stress on the shear bolt. I may need a new impeller because I replace that pin every time I use the machine.

Re: 2013 Yamaha 9-28 impeller bolts

lucgallant
Oh wow.

Maybe put a collar on both sides?

Luc

On Mon., Jan. 18, 2021, 10:56 a.m. chris3677 [via Yamaha Snowblower Fan Club], <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think I have found the issue. Dealers has been giving me the Honda impeller bolts because they never stock the 3 piece Yamaha bolt, collar, and lock nut. It seems the hole larger hole on the impeller on the bolt head side has worn and the hole has expanded. There is a lot of play. That may be causing stress on the shear bolt. I may need a new impeller because I replace that pin every time I use the machine.

http://yamaha-snowblower-fan-club.10963.n7.nabble.com/2013-Yamaha-9-28-impeller-bolts-tp5278p5288.html
To unsubscribe from 2013 Yamaha 9-28 impeller bolts, click here.
NAML